புதன், நவம்பர் 13, 2013

Two English Poems


Ponniah Ganeshan (Kallooran) 
கல்லுாரன்



I am tired.....

I am tired of my life
Everything has become nothing
And I am ‘nothing with everything’
The morning with its bells and clocks and flowers
comes only to end simply in evenings.
And every moment simply passes out of hands
With no ending

There are things of beauties and sweet memories that may ever last
All over the life
Yet, there are wounds that remain painful even after death
The paining and pleasure entwined with one another, 
Trace the life for ever.

I don’t want to be born again and suffer
In the seasonal cycle of death and birth if any
Oh, my God, let me come as a gentle breeze 
To play and embrace with beautiful flowers and little birds
Or let me dissolved into nothingness.

I am tired of my life
Everything has become nothing
And I am ‘nothing with everything’

                                                         


I have No Death
Think not, 
I am one of such funny men
Who look only for a grain of rice
To fill up the stomach and simply
Pass out of this universe?
 

Think not,
 
I am one of such funny men
Who are made of papers and documents
To look for rules and regulations
 
Under a clause or section
Even to throw a coin for a beggar.

When my head is held high, I am the sky above
And when I fall, I am the seed down the earth
To come up again
Either as a cyclone
Or a gentle breeze
Dancing with flowers

I have no death.
Because, I am not the body
I only possess the body
And my soul pervading the entire universe.