புதன், ஏப்ரல் 18, 2012

Tea at Sunrise



எனது 'காலைத் தேனீர்' என்ற கவிதையை ஆங்கிலத்தில் மொழிமாற்றியது.
பத்மஜா நாராயணன். மிக்க அன்பு தோழி.

i wait
for the crack of dawn 
of an expired day .
bygones can never be brought back !
yet i must!

i walk back from dusk 
no i only reflect 
i see nothing for a while 
oh that must be my seista !

i'm startled 
though its just a pretension 

i'm troubled 

for,
she takes back the letter 
she bequeathed 
in dream 

yes! it's not like this ?
the one who gives 
becomes the recepient as time moves back .

forgive me! 
lets really contemplate 


the sun is at its peak 
but i wear those dresses 
that make me warm 
i pour back the water 
i bathed ,
sopped up by the soil 
back into the well.

the water leaves my hair dry 

i cycle backward to the market 
people move forward gaping at me astounded 
for
they have never tried to meet
the 
expired morn 

he and me 
we walked side by side 
on our way to market
now we walk apart
babbling 
he forward and me backward 
reaching home .


the birds chirp, 
and the dawn breaks among the commotion 
and now i press forward 
drinking a steaming cup of tea 

was not this cup of tea ,i missed 
made me traverse the day 
forward and rearward 
not once but twice and again!